Senior Center Hours*:
Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:30 pm
Tuesday Evenings (Pinochle only), 6:30-9:30 pm*
Saturday (Billiards only), 10:00-2:00 pm*
*All activities and programs have been suspended until further notice due to COVID-19 precautionary measures. See bottom of webpage for resources in our area.
The Manteca Senior Center is a 10,000-plus square-foot, multi-purpose Senior Center serving and involving adults and seniors age 50 and above throughout the greater Manteca area. There are no membership fees to participate at the center; however, some classes and activities have nominal fees. Program days and times are subject to change; please call the Center to confirm. Some programs require advance registration; check with the Senior Center prior to attending.
The Senior Advisory Committee meets at the Senior Center on the first Monday of every month at 12:00 noon, except for holidays. All seniors are welcome to attend and voice opinions and concerns. Let us hear your voice.
Senior Advisory Committee:
- Tom Stewart, Chair
- Dave Byrd
- Janet D'Ambrogio
- Carol McDaniel
- Robert Serpa
- Maxine Van Middendorp
Senior Center Staff:
- Brandy Clark - Recreation Supervisor
- Victoria Loma - Recreation Coordinator
There is a Fitness Center located inside the Senior Center. There is a $1.00 administration fee and a $5.00 annual membership fee. Prior to use, you must complete a short safety orientation; call the Senior Center to schedule an appointment.
The Senior Center is home to more than 180 volunteers, who donate over 18,000 hours annually in service to seniors! Many volunteer opportunities exist at the Center, such as Nutrition, Facility Supervisor, Trips & Tours, Programs, and Service Desk. Please call 456-8650 if you are interested in volunteering.
Contact the Senior Center at 456-8650 for more information about any of our events, programs, and services.
Below are some resources to help keep you informed and healthy. Please reach out to the Senior Center at (209) 456-8650 if you have a need that we can assit with or a resource that you would like to share.
Be in the know - visit these sites for the latest local information regarding COVID-19.
• Visit the City of Manteca - Local Government's Facebook Page dedicated Coronavirus Information Page for COVID-19 updates
• California Department of Public Health
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• San Joaquin County Emergency Medical Services Agency
• San Joaquin County Public Health Services
INFORMATION FOR OUR VALUABLE SENIOR CITIZENS
• Tax Services - information on getting help with your taxes
• Meals on Wheels (209) 468-1104: offers home delivery
• St. Paul's United Methodist Church Food Pantry (209) 823-7154: offers home delivery
• Second Harvest Food Bank (209) 239-2091; call for more information
• Some local grocery stores are offering special accommodations for senior citizens and at-risk community members:
* Safeway: each Tuesday and Thursday, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am
* Target: Wednesdays, 8:00 am to 9:00 am
* Dollar General: every day, 8:00 am to 9:00 am
* Food-4-Less: every day, 7:00 am to 8:00 am
* Walmart: Tuesdays, 6:00 am to 7:00 am
* Costco: each Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 am to 9:00 am (seniors 60+ and those with physical disabilities)
* Grocery Outlet: will make deliveries for seniors that call (209) 239-4295
* Nature's Corner: will make deliveries for seniors that call (209) 239-5355
* Raley's: every day starting March 21, the store is offering Senior Essential Bags for $20 in-store or curbside; these bags are filled with pantry staples and available daily as supplies last
• Manteca Senior Center Congregate Lunch Program: Seniors 60+ need to call the Manteca Senior Center at (209) 456-8650 each Friday between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm to reserve a meal box that will include 5 lunches that are frozen/non-perishable items. The meals will be delivered to seniors on Monday morning by Senior Center staff. Daily congregate lunches will no longer be offered at the Senior Center; this is the replacement provided by San Joaquin County. There will be a limited supply of lunches available
• Manteca Senior Center: Senior Brown Bag Program is available for 60+ needing groceries can call the Manteca Senior Center at (209) 456-8650 to reserve a bag; limited supplies are available.
• Manteca Transit Center (209) 456-8888: call for scheduling and availability
• Van Go! operates through San Joaquin RTD (209) 943-1111
• Games to keep your minds occupied!