Welcome to the City of Manteca Parks and Recreation's
Virtual Recreation and Resource Center!
This is your place for fun, education, and resources through these wild and turbulent times. We are commited to ensuring that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, grow meaningul relationships and continue to have extrordinatory experiences. Visit this page often or follow us on Facebook at
City of Manteca - Local Government for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained and informed.
Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page. Have a great resource you'd like to share? Email us at
Stay active! As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active. Here are a few ideas.
We are working on some NEW and EXCITING classes that meet CDC guidelines. Here are some that are available. To enroll, go to https://mantecagov.com/webtrac to enroll or call (209) 456-8600 on other ways to register.
• Step Up The Fun - September Step Challenge! See flyer for more information! Step Up The Fun.pdf
• Afterschool Athletic Club - get out of the house and get moving! Afterschool Athletic Club Flyer.pdf
• Outdoor Basketball Clinic - get moving and brush up on those basketball skills while having fun in the sun! Flyer coming soon!
• Little People's Creative Play (in a box) - preschool age activities hosted virtually through Zoom
• Outdoor Kids and Adult Zumba classes
• Dog Obedience classes
• Baton classes: Beginner I, Beginner II, and Intermediate classes
• Drivers Education - online
• Senior Zumba Gold classes - meets virtually through Zoom
• Senior Tai Chi Outdoor classes
Take a virtual class - there are plenty of
FREE options online! Here are just a few:
• Click here for DIY Paint classes
15-Minute Beginner's At-Home Cardio Workout
10 Tai Chi Moves for Beginners
15-Minute Morning Yoga for Beginners
20-Minute Beginner Workout Routine
Some of our very own Manteca Parks and Recreation instructors have online options, too:
Val's Zumba Friends - join our local instructor's Facebook page for some awesome virtual classes!
GK Music - offers Skype lessons for individual private lessons. Call 209-456-7279 for more info!
Young Rembrandts - has interactive posts and downloadable pages!
• Little people Creative Play offers this fun activity packet for you to download and complete with your preschool-age children: Preschool Packet.pdf
• Take a bike ride with the family!
• Take your dog for a walk; it's important our pets get exercise, too!
• Walk/run around your neighborhood and say "hi" (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside, too!
Although we're all social distancing physically, as humans we need to stay connected emotionally. Try one or two of these every day:
• Call a friend or relative you haven't spoken to in a while to check in.
• Write a letter
• Support a local restaurant - many are staying open for takeout or delivery orders. Try DoorDash, GrubHub, or Ubereats and have it brought to you!
• Volunteer - there are many opportunities to volunteer to help those in our community. The Second Harvest Food Bank is in need of extra help during this period of high demand. Sign-up for a shift on the food bank's
• Take breaks from watiching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
• Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and make time to unwind.
• Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
• Work on Mindfulness. Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you're sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgement. Practicing minfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN
• Visit Manteca's Virtual Library - the library has tons of free ebooks ready for your enjoyment (library card required)! Click
here for movies and games!
• Sacramento State's Web Academy tutoring for students, grade K-12!
• Click here for sensory bin instructions along with some other activities for toddlers!
• Learn how to do science activities using household supplies
• Visit The Red Planet through NASA Science Mars Exploration Program
• Khan Academy offers free online Courses, Lessons, and Practice
• Learn a new language using
• Sylvan Learning Center offers personal tutoring, STEM activities, and test preparation
here to see 75+ educational activities for when you're stuck indoors
• Continue distance learning with this Farm to You Virtual Field Trip!
• Learn all about robots with this fun read-a-long and art project!
• Click here for Physical Education Vocabulary for Kids (and other Physical Education Resources)
FOR THE KIDS
(or kids at heart)
• Hold a virtual play date through Facetime.
• Weekly Dance Class with the Rockettes - Live!
• Click here for Storytime on Facebook
• Learn how to bake
• Free online Toddler Frozen Dance class!
• Take a virtual vacation! Explore the world using
Google Earth; use street view to see places like you're actually there.
• Head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through their live stream
• Visit one of many
museums around the world through their virtual tours.
• Virtually visit some zoos like the San Diego Zoo or the Houston Zoo
• Visit the Wall of China
• Visit GoNoodle for free movement and mindfulness videos
• Visit the
Van Gough Musuem
• Daily Doodle lessons by Mo Willems.
here for over 200 free online educational resources for kids!
• Scholastic Learn at Home
• Learn or keep up with your basketball skills with the
Dribble Up Basketball application
• Join an online Recreation League here!
Be in the know - visit these sites for the latest local information regarding COVID-19.
• Visit the City of Manteca - Local Government's Facebook Page dedicated Coronavirus Information Page for COVID-19 updates
• California Department of Public Health
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• San Joaquin County Emergency Medical Services Agency
• San Joaquin County Public Health Services
• San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services
• What does it mean to "Flatten the Curve?"
• Manteca Unified School District is offering "Grab and Go" meals for all students, ages 2-18, at all MUSD School locations
• Second Harvest Food Bank - food programs for all. For services or information, call (209) 239-2091
• St. Paul's United Methodist Church Food Pantry is the only local food pantry that offers home delivery to seniors and those without transportation. For more information, call (209) 823-7154.
INFORMATION FOR OUR VALUABLE SENIOR CITIZENS
• Tax Services - information on getting help with your taxes
• Meals on Wheels (209) 468-1104 and St. Paul's United Methodist Church Food Pantry (209) 823-7154 offer home delivery for seniors
• Manteca Senior Center Congregate Lunch Program: Seniors 60+ need to call the Manteca Senior Center at (209) 456-8650 each Friday between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm to reserve a meal box that will include 5 lunches that are frozen/non-perishable items. The meals will be delivered to seniors on Monday morning by Senior Center staff. Daily congregate lunches will no longer be offered at the Senior Center; this is the replacement provided by San Joaquin County. There will be a limited supply of lunches available.
• Manteca Senior Center: Senior Brown Bag Program is available for seniors 60+ that need groceries. Contact the Manteca Senior Center at (209) 456-8650 to reserve a bag; limited supplies are available.
Manteca Transit Center (209) 456-8888: call for scheduling and availability
Van Go! operates through San Joaquin RTD (209) 943-1111