The City Attorney’s Office provides timely, cost-effective, quality legal advice and services to support the City Council, the City Manager, and all City departments, boards, commissions and committees in achieving the City Council’s goals while limiting risk and costs to the taxpayers. The City Attorney is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of, the Manteca City Council.
The City Attorney's Office performs the following functions:
- Advises the City Council, City advisory boards and commissions, and City staff on all legal issues that they face on daily basis in the complex area of municipal operations in California
- Represents the City Council, staff, commissions, and the City as an institution either directly or through special counsel relationships before administrative bodies, and before all courts in all litigation such as contract disputes, municipal litigation, environmental/land use matters, and select code enforcement matters
- Administers the legal business of the City through managing in-house legal services and outside counsel relationships to assure excellent quality, responsiveness and value in performing legal work for the City.
City Attorney's Office Staff
- L. David Nefouse, City Attorney
- Joanna Rudy, Program Specialist