The City of Manteca Water Conservation program will be in effect throughout the year starting January 1, 2015!
As of April 14, 2016, The City will be enforcing the new regulation that does not allow individuals to irrigate outdoors during and within 48 hours following measurable rainfall (at a minimum any amount of rainfall that generates run-off or puddles). The City will be utilizing the administrative code relating to penalties.
Let us help you save water and lower your water bill
For additional information on water conservation, high– efficiency washing machine rebates and low‐flush toilet rebates, contact the Water Division at (209) 456‐8463 or email us at email@example.com To make arrangements for a technician to assist you with programming your sprinkler timer, contact the Water Division at (209) 456‐8466 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to improve your sprinkler coverage?
Changing the time your sprinklers run can improve sprinkler coverage. Between 4:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., the City’s water system is operating at lower pressures, due to high demand. During this period, sprinkler head coverage will be reduced, possibly causing dry areas in your lawn. Watering outside of this 4:00-7:00 a.m. window will provide your sprinklers with more pressure and result in better coverage. Also, when resetting your sprinkler timer, don’t select a time between noon and 6:00 p.m.
Water Conservation Guidelines
- Residences and businesses with odd‐numbered addresses may water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday but not between Noon and 6:00 p.m.
- Residences and businesses with even‐numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday but not between Noon and 6:00 p.m.
- Watering will be reduced to a maximum of 3 days per week, with no watering on Mondays for all residences and businesses.
- You may run water to fill an existing swimming pool only on the days and during the hours allowed for your address .
- Cars, trucks, and boats may be washed on any day, but only when using a quick acting, positive shut-off nozzle on the hose or by using a bucket and sponge. Commercial car washes are not restricted in the days and hours they operate.
- No water use will be allowed on any day, at any time, for washing off sidewalks, driveways, patios, parking lots, or other exterior non‐landscaped areas.
- No water will be allowed to flow into a gutter or other drainage area for longer than 5 minutes. Water leaks, breaks, or malfunctions in the user’s plumbing or irrigation system shall be repaired within 24 hours. after discovery.
- Water will only be served to restaurant customers upon request.
EFFECTIVE APRIL 14, 2016 PENALTIES FOR WATER WASTE:
- First violation: Written Notice
- Second violation $100 fine plus applicable fees
(fine may be waived upon attending Water Conservation Seminar)
- Third violation $200 fine plus applicable fees
- Any subsequent violation $500 fine plus applicable fees
Violation Penalties: Manteca Municipal Code Section 13.04.210