City Clerk
Director - Mark Houghton
City Of Manteca

Frequently Asked Questions

​​​Frequently Asked Questions

I heard that we can get a free bin once a year; how can I get that?
Call the Solid Waste Office Mon-Fri between 6:00am-3:30pm and they will send you the proper forms to fill out. (209-456-8440)

What do I do if I forgot to put out my trash can last night and it was missed today?
Call the Solid Waste Office and we will send someone out to get it. (209-456-8440)

I didn’t realize that garbage was being picked up today because it’s a holiday; what do I do now?
We pick up trash on every Holiday except Christmas Day and New Years Day. Call the Solid Waste Office and let them know that yours was not out and we will get it tomorrow. (209-456-8440)

I need a bigger trash can; how do I get one?
Since it will involve a change in your monthly bill; you will need to contact the Finance Department at 209-456-8730

Where can I take my left over paint or fluorescent light bulbs?
Any household hazardous waste materials such as paint, batteries, fluorescent tubes, pool chemicals and pesticides must be taken to the San Joaquin County Hazardous Waste facility located on Bridgeford Rd behind the Stockton Airport. They are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:00am-3:00pm. It is free to residents of San Joaquin County. For more information you can call 209-468-3066.

I am a diabetic and have needles to dispose of; where can I do that?
The Solid Waste Office at 210 E. Wetmore will take your needles as long as they are in Sharps containers. We will take your container and give you another one, free of charge. We cannot accept needles in any containers EXCEPT 1qt red sharps containers. All other containers will need to be taken to the SJC Hazardous Waste Facility at the Stockton Airport.

How can I dispose of my used motor oil?
The Solid Waste Office will provide you with a container that will hold 5qts of oil. Put your used motor oil in this container and set it out next to your trash can on your regular collection day. It will be picked up and replaced with an empty one. The oil will be recycled. (209-456-8440)

Where can I take my small alkaline batteries (A, AA, AAA, C and D)?
The Solid Waste Division at 210 E. Wetmore will take them, free of charge. (Mon-Friday from 6:00am-3:00pm)

I have an old TV to get rid of; where can I take it?
The Solid Waste Division at 210 E. Wetmore will take your old TV’s and computer monitors, free of charge. (Mon-Friday from 6:00am-3:00pm)