- Safety is always our top priority.
- We are personally responsible and accountable for our actions.
- We provide a safe work environment and safe work practices.
- We follow industry standards, best practices, rules and regulations.
- We efficiently utilize the City's resources to provide cost-effective services.
- We utilize new technologies to increase efficiency, productivity and quality of life.
- We maintain, design and procure equipment and facilities for the long term.
- We use open, fair and competitive procurement processes.
- We provide expert, quality services with our available resources.
- We communicate and act promptly, courteously and effectively to respond to the needs and concerns of our community.
- We proactively identify our customers' needs to provide the services our citizen's value.
- We perform and provide services that create community pride.
- We lead by example.
- We support, train and mentor our personnel to be experts and leaders in their fields.
- We enable and encourage innovation.
- We establish and maintain trust through transparency and open communication.
- We anticipate and adapt to changing conditions.
- We share knowledge and expertise to help achieve individual and city goals.
- We share work, equipment and resources between individuals, divisions and departments.
- We share successes, show appreciation for others' contributions and are mutually accountable.
- We maintain good communications to facilitate consensus based decisions and coordinated efforts.
Optimistic Work Environment
- We have a positive attitude about our work.
- We value and appreciate the people we work with.
- We take advantage of opportunities to do work that is satisfying and provides a sense of accomplishment.
- We seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to balance our work life with our personal life.
- We maintain a healthy sense of humor.