Manteca Transit Dial-a-Ride service is a origin to destination transportation service for individuals with a certified disability, seniors, age 62 and older, and Medicare participants. The paratransit service is required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Only persons certified by Manteca Transit as meeting the requirements are eligible to ride this service (except Saturdays when the service is open to the general public). Trips are scheduled during the same times and within three-quarters of a mile of the fixed route service for ADA service, and the entire city limits for Dial-a-Ride service as well as the Lathrop/Manteca ACE Station. Certification
Individuals with a certified disability, seniors (age 62+) and Medicare participants must be certified to utilize the Dial-a-Ride services. Applications are available at the following locations:
Hours of Operation
- City of Manteca Parks & Recreation Office, 252 Magnolia Avenue, Manteca
- Manteca Transit Center, 220 Moffat Blvd., Manteca
- Call (209) 456-8888 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Request ADA Paratransit application appointment here.
- Download the Dial-a-Ride application here.
- Monday – Friday 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturday service available to the general public
- Sunday No Service
|Senior (62+)/Person with Disabilities/Medicare/ADA Eligible||$ 2.00|
|Personal Care Attendant (PCA)||Free|
|General Public Passengers (Saturday only)||$ 2.00|
|Monthly Pass||$ 60.00|
|10-Ride Pass||$ 20.00|
|Drivers do not carry cash and cannot make change.|
|Fixed Route monthly pass holders may use their pass to ride the Saturday Dial-a-Ride service.|
|Passes can be purchased at the Manteca Transit Office or the Manteca Parks and Recreation Office. Address is above.|
Reservation and subscription services are available on Manteca Transit Dial-a-Ride up to fourteen (14) days in advance by calling the Manteca Transit Office at (209) 456-8888, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. If you make a reservation and are unable to keep it, please call at least one (1) hour prior to cancel. The Americans with Disabilities Act allows reservations to be adjusted one (1) hour prior and after pick up request time.
If you regularly make reservations for the same destination, day of the week, and time, you may want to use our subscription service. If you request it, you will have a confirmed reservation with the same day, time, and destination until you cancel the service. Remember to cancel your ride if your plans change, otherwise you will receive a “No Show/Late Cancellation” letter.
- To reserve a Dial-a-Ride trip contact the Manteca Transit office at (209) 456-8888.
- Manteca Transit encourages passengers to make advance reservations, no more than 14 days in advance.
- Trips are provided on a space available basis. When space is available, same day service will be provided.
- Reservation can be made between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday.
- For reservations on Sundays, after hours and holidays please leave a voice message with the following information:
- Your name,
- Travel time and date,
- Pick-up location,
- Drop-off location,
- Contact number to confirm your reservations.
*Note: messages left on voice mail do not guarantee a confirmed reservation. You will be contacted to confirm, if space is available, or renegotiate a new trip if your requested time cannot be honored.
- Return trip reservations should be made when booking your trip. “Will call” return trips will be accommodated on a space available basis. Persons making “will call” return trips should expect pick-up delays of up to two (2) hours.
Wheelchairs & Mobility Devices
All Manteca Transit buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts or ramps and at least 2 wheelchair securement location. The U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Transit Administration’s regulations for Wheelchairs and Bus and Rail Service can be accessed here: http://www.fta.dot.gov/12325_15055.html
Section 37.3 of the DOT regulations implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) (49 CFR Parts 27, 37, and 38) defines “wheelchair” as a mobility aid belonging to any class of three or more wheeled devices, usable indoors, designed for use by individuals with mobility impairments. In addition, 49 CFR Part 38 continues to require that lifts have a minimum design load of 600 pounds and that the lift platform accommodate a wheelchair measuring 30 inches by 48 inches. Website Accessibility
If you have a disability and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access some information contained on our site, please click here.
Your comments will forwarded to the appropriate Department or program for assistance. To enable us to respond in a manner that will be of most help to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility need, your preferred format (electronic format, large print, etc.), the web address of the requested material, and your full contact information so we can reach you if questions arise while fulfilling your request.
ADA Grievance/Complaint Process
If you would like to submit a concern, suggestion, complaint or commendation related to Manteca Transit, please fill out the Transit Comment Form. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this submission, please contact The City of Manteca’s Transit Supervisor at: (209) 456-8775 or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete copy of the ADA Complaint Process can be found here.