The Manteca Police are pleased to offer you the Vacation House Check service while you are out of town. These are designed to give you a little more peace of mind while you travel, and make your home safer. A vacation house check involves members of the Manteca Police SHARP volunteer program going to your residence, walking around the perimeter, looking for signs of unlawful entry, foul play, unlocked doors or windows, or anything else that may be wrong. It is more than an extra patrol in which officers are made aware you have left town, and they drive by your home during their routine patrols.
This is a courtesy service to the public and your house may or may not be checked based on available manpower. This request expires after 90 days. To submit a vacation house check request, complete the form below and press the "Submit Request" button. You will receive an email confirmation when your request is received. You will also receive an email with that dates your address was checked when you return from vacation.
In order to provide this service in as efficient and safe manner possible the following guidelines are in place. •The Manteca Police Department SHARP volunteers will make every effort check your home while you are away, for a minimum of four days, and a maximum of 30 days. If you are gone longer, we will only do extra patrols.
- We will not do walk-around checks on homes that have house sitters staying at them. We will give the house extra patrol, but it is unsafe for our SHARPS and your guests for us to be walking around your home. Have someone who is taking care of your animals and/or plants on a drop-by basis.
- We will only check residential properties, not business properties.
- We will only check residential properties if you live there, we will not check vacant houses, other than to provide them extra patrol.
While you are on vacation don’t forget to:
- Stop your mail
- Stop your newspapers
- Let your neighbors know where you will be,how long you’ll be gone, and how to contact someone in case of an emergency.
- Leave a light and radio or television on a timer.
- Lock your doors and windows.
- HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRIP.