City Of Manteca

Parking Citations

Citation Payment Options
The City recognizes and understands that it is never pleasant to receive a parking citation, and we hope that the following information assists in handling your citation:
  • Pay by Mail
    To pay by mail, make a personal check, money order or cashier's check made payable to: the City of Manteca for the amount indicated. Write the citation issue number and license plate number on the front of the check or money order. Enclose the citation with the check or money order. An envelope is provided at the time a citation is issued; however, if the envelope is lost or misplaced, the payment for the citation can be sent to:
    City Of Manteca
    Citation Processing Center
    P.O. Box 7275
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658-7275
  • Pay by Phone
    Call (toll-free) (800) 989-2058.
    Payments can also be made using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Pay Online
    Visit the Citation Processing Center website.
    Payments can also be made using VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or AMEX 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Payment Plan Options (California State Legislature AB 503, AB 2544 “indigent”)
    Proof Of Indigence
    To submit an indigent payment plan request, please visit the Citation Processing Center website.
Contesting Your Citation
You must submit a written request with twenty-one (21) calendar days of the ISSUE DATE on the front of the citation. Include the citation number and the license plate number on your letter and explain why you are disputing the citation. Please send the letter along with a copy of the citation and other documentation to support your claim to the following address:

City of Manteca
Citation Processing Center
P.O. Box 7275
Newport Beach, CA 92658-7275

Citations may be contested for a limited number of reasons. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Medical Emergencies. Please provide a copy of any supporting information such as doctor's slips, or other information that supports a claim of medical emergency. Please note, stopping or standing to pick up someone for a doctor's appointment is not considered a medical emergency.
  • Stolen Vehicles. Please provide a copy of the police report documenting the stolen vehicles.
  • Commercial Service Vehicles. A commercial service vehicle is exempt from citation, provided that the vehicle is at the location and work is being performed at the location. A commercial vehicle that is parked at the address because the driver resides there is not exempt. Please submit a copy of any work orders or estimates.
  • Vehicle Registration Errors. Periodically, when a vehicle has been sold or transferred to a new owner, the new owner fails to properly transfer registration. If a citation is issued, it is issued to the previous registered owner. If you have transferred ownership of a vehicle, and no longer own the vehicle cited, please provide copies of DMV transfer documents or other proof of transfer to another party.
Citations are not dismissed because of claims of no signage in front of the location, inability to pay the citation amount, lack of knowledge of the program due to visiting or other reasons.

Your appeal will be reviewed by the City, and an appropriate disposition will be made. You will then receive mailed written notice of the results of the appeal review.

In the event that you still feel that the citation should be dismissed, you may request a formal hearing by an independent hearing officer. The City periodically schedules formal hearings, and at that time you may request for either a review in writing or by attending the hearing and presenting the facts of your appeal to the hearing officer. The hearing officer will render a determination based on their review of the facts and testimony submitted. A written notice regarding the results will be mailed to you after the hearing.