City Of Manteca

City Services During COVID-19

In response to the recent City Hall closure due to COVID-19, the following is a list of city services that can be performed without leaving home and/or violating social distancing rules. This list will continue to be updated on a regular basis as new services are made available. Please check back regularly. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this challenging time.​

Administrative Services

If you believe that the City is responsible for damages to you or your property, you must file a written claim within six months of the incident. In order to meet legal requirements you must supply specific information. To assist you in meeting those requirements, the City has prepared a claim form​ for your use. Claim forms are available online (click here) or from the Human Resource Office. Original completed claims should be mailed or hand delivered to the Human Resource Office along with copies of invoices, receipts or pictures documenting your damages.  NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Manteca will accept claim forms electronically.  Please email all documentation to

City Clerk's Office

Public Record Requests: Public Records Request can be submitted by emailing 

City Council Agendas and Meetings:
 City Council Agenda is required to be posted 72 hours prior to the meeting. The agenda is posted on the city’s website, click here to view or download.​ The City Council Chambers will be closed to the public in an effort to prioritize social distancing with the goal of decreasing the opportunities for transmission of COVID-19. The meeting will be available for public viewing on the City’s website here ​and via public television, local Comcast channel 97. 

Members of the public that wish to submit public comments may do so in advance of the meeting, no later than three hours before the meeting on the day of meeting. Public comment will be limited to 250 words and every effort will be made by staff to read these comments into the record. Comments that exceed 250 words will not be read into the record and will be made a part of the official record on file with the City Clerk. Comments received after the deadline will not be read into the record and will be made a part of the official record on file with the City Clerk if received prior to the end of the meeting. 

Public Comment may be submitted in the following ways: 

  • ​​ Email
  • Mail: Office of the City Clerk, 1001 W. Center St., Ste. B, Manteca, CA 95337
  • Hand delivered to door drop slot: Office of the City Clerk, 1001 W. Center St., Ste. B, Manteca, CA 95337
      *Note: For written public comments indicate in the subject line the agenda item number or if the item is related to general public comment. 

Liaison to City Council and City Manager:
The Office of The City Clerk is the Liaison to the City Council and the City Manager. To reach the City Council please email To reach the City Manager please email​​​​​

Finance Department

If you need to make utility payments, start utility services, or apply for a business license, we encourage the use of alternative forms of payment such as those listed below:

  • Click here to pay your utility bill online
  • Make payments by phone at 209-456-8730 
  • Drop off payments in the drop box located in City Hall parking lot at 1001 W. Center Street (check or money order, no cash please) Click here to view on a map​
  • To Start or Stop services, please email or call 209-456-8730 
  •  For Business License related inquiries, please call 209-456-8730​​

Fire ​Department​

Manteca Fire Department will continue to respond to emergency calls and nonemergency calls for service. For emergencies call 9-1-1 and non-emergencies call (209) 464-4650. ​

Police Department​

Manteca Police Department will continue to respond to emergency calls and nonemergency calls for services. For emergencies call 9-1-1 and non-emergencies call (209) 456-8101.​

To limit the exposure of our civilian employees are having with the public, the inner lobby door will be locked, and the following procedure will be in place until further notice:

  • Police Records: 209-456-8100 The Option 2. Please call only during the specified times below. If you do not have a cell phone, please use the Red Phone in the lobby and request to speak with a Records Clerk.
  • For Sex Registrants, Narcotic Registrants or Arson Registrants the following times are as follows:
    For Renewals: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00am to 12:00pm & 2:30pm to 4:00pm.
    ​For New Registrants or New to our Jurisdiction: Tuesday and Thursday 2:30pm to 4:00pm ONLY.
  • Live Scan Fingerprinting is by appointment only for Essential Workers.
  • For Permit Applications for Card Rooms, Solicitors, Tow Trucks & Taxis please call for an appointment.
  • CCW Renewals will need to be submitted via email to along with a copy of your ID. A Records Clerk will contact you for further instructions. You can also request an application at the same email.
  • Records Requests are by email at
  • Property and Evidence: By Appointment Only​ - 209-456-8131
  • ​​Code Enforcement: 209-456-8100 Then Option 3 If you do not have a cell phone, please use the red phone in the lobby and request to speak with a Code Enforcement Officer.​​​
  • Manteca Animal Shelter is operating by an appointment only basis. To inquire on pet adoption, redeeming your pet, turning in a stray animal or licensing your pet please contact Animal Services by calling  209-456-8270 or by email: ​

Public Works​​

Solid Waste will continue operations during this closure. The garbage pick-up schedule will not change; please continue to pla​ce your trash/recycle/yard waste toters curb-side on your regularly scheduled pick-up day. The Solid Waste office will be closed, for emergencies call (209) 649-7371.

  • ​ All water related services below should call: (209) 456-8466 business hours / (209) 639-4900 after hours
    (Water Connection / Disconnection, New Water Meter Installation,Water Leak Reporting ,Water Quality Issues, General Water Questions from the Public )
  • Sewer back ups: Call (209) 456-8470 anytime
  • Call (209) 456-8470​ during regular business hours 7-4:30 M-F for the following:
    (Pool draining instructions and notification,Industrial or environmental compliance issues, Schedule septic hauling )
  • Streets crews will be on-call during this closure. For emergency Streets issues, call (209) 235-8836.​​
​ ​