City of Manteca Public Works Department

Solid Waste

City of Manteca Home Page

Last Modified 8/19/2015

NOTICE: Public Works Telephone Numbers Have Changed! Click HERE for a current list of new numbers.

Household Hazardous Waste


Household Hazardous WasteHousehold Hazardous Wastes such as paint, oil, antifreeze, pool chemicals, fertilizers, batteries, cleaning products, or any other household products can be taken to the San Joaquin County Hazardous Waste Facility located at 7850 Bridgeford Street (at the Stockton Airport). This facility is open to the public, free of charge, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00am-3:00pm. For additional information, call the County Solid Waste Office at 209-468-3066.

Beginning in February of 2006, the Department of Toxic Substance Control and the California Integrated Waste Management Control declared other items as "Universal Waste" and banned them from being sent to landfills. These items include household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C and D cells, 9-volt, etc), mercury thermometers, fluorescent lamps, sodium vapor lamps, VCR's, radios, microwave ovens, telephones, cell phones, answering machines, space heaters and household irons. These items need to be disposed of at the Lovelace Transfer Station on Lovelace Road or the County Hazardous Waste Facility. For additional information, call the County Solid Waste Office at 209-468-3066.

Never mix any chemicals. Make sure that all liquids are in sealed containers. Transport materials in the trunk of your car or bed of your pick up truck -- not in the cab. Do not transport more than 15 gallons at one time. For further information, you can contact the County Solid Waste Office at 209-468-3066. The City of Manteca will provide any resident with a 5-quart container to collect used motor oil. If you need a container, please call 209-456-8440 and one will be delivered to you. Once the container is full of used motor oil, place it in the gutter, next to any toter, on your regular garbage collection day. The container will be picked up and replaced with an empty one.

Household batteries (A, AA, AAA, C, D and 9-volt) can be taken to the Solid Waste Division (210 E. Wetmore St.) to be recycled since they no longer may be thrown in the trash.  Solid Waste office hours are between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM.


Computers, printers and TVs ONLY can be taken to the City Of Manteca Solid Waste Office free of charge. We DO NOT accept other electronics such as microwave, vacuum cleaners, radios, space heaters, fluoresent tubes, etc. Those items can be taken to the Lovelace Transfer Station or the SJ County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. They can also be taken to the Lovelace Transfer Station (on Lovelace Road), free of charge.

There are also two E-Waste collection events held during the year, one in April and one in October (both on Saturdays). For exact dates and more information, call the Solid Waste Office at 209-456-8440.

All computers, computer equipment, and TVs are completely dismantled and recycled.


You can take your used motor oil to any of the following locations to be recycled:

Additionally, residents can call the Solid Waste Office and request oil recycling containers for used motor oil. The containers are to be placed out next to your toters on regular trash collection days. Oil cannot be picked up unless it is in City-provided containers. These containers are free and residents may have as many as they need. Call 456-8440 and request your containers today! Remember, always recycle your used motor oil -- never pour it in the gutter.