City of Manteca Public Works Department


City of Manteca Home Page

Last Modified 6/24/2010

NOTICE: Public Works Telephone Numbers Have Changed! Click HERE for a current list of new numbers.
What You Can Do Charity Car Wash Pest Management Construction Links Terms SWMP FAQ Online Survey

Notice to Construction Permittees


Storm water discharges associated with construction activity are a potential source of pollutants. The most common pollutant associated with construction activity is sediment. Sediment and other construction-related wastes could degrade water quality in creeks, rivers, lakes, and other water bodies. All construction sites disturbing one or more acres of land are required to obtain permit coverage.

Storm Water Permit Requirement FAQs

How do I know if I need this permit?

Who should apply, and who is the proper signatory?

What are the fees associated with the Permit?

Where do I send the NOI application?

Whom should I contact if I have questions?

If you have any questions concerning the General Permit please email the State Water Resources Control Board at or call (916) 341-5537.

California Regional Water Quality Control Board Central Valley Region

Brett Stevens

(916) 464-4642

Information is also available at the SWRCB web site:

Construction Best Management Practice Manual - This BMP manual, created by the California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA), has a Microsoft Word Document Template that you can download to create your Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan.

New Development and Redevelopment Best Management Practice Manual - This BMP manual was also created by CASQA. It is an excellent tool for project planning and design.