Jodie Estarziau, Chief of Police
The Manteca Police Department wants your help in fighting crime by taking part in the Camera Registry Network. The CRN allows residents and business owners to register the locations of their video surveillance systems with MPD. When a crime occurs, police will be able to identify the locations of nearby video cameras and enlist the assistance of the community to help officers collect video evidence and follow up on leads.
Our FAQ is below if you need more detailed information about the registry or click here to view a FBI Best Practices for the Installation of CCTV Recording Systems video. Click here to register your camera.
- Is a high definition or certain camera system required to be part of the Camera Registry Network?
No, but the higher the resolution is better. High definition does provide a better quality video.
- Will the police department inspect my camera system?
No, the Manteca Police Department will not contact you unless your video cameras may have recorded something related to an incident they are investigating.
- How long am I required to be part of the Camera Registry Network once I register?
There is no requirement to remain in the Camera Registry Network. You can choose to remove your information at any time.
- Who will have access to my information once I am registered?
Your information will remain confidential and only officers of the Manteca Police Department will have access.
- Important Camera Features
- IP is preferred over analog.
- The higher the resolution the better.
- 30 day storage is recommended.
- Consider lighting when placing cameras.
- Camera location and orientation - Residential
- At least one pointing toward the street.
- Front porch.
- Side gate.
- Rear door/yard.
- Camera location and orientation - Business
- All entrance/exit points.
- Front desk to include cashier positions.
- Corners of the building to capture parking lots/driveways.
- Rear of building to capture loading area/parking lots .
- Consider lighting when placing cameras
- Consider obstructions.